Effective November 1, 2019 the Government of Ontario introduced a new electricity rebate called the Ontario Electricity Rebate (OER). This rebate replaces the 8% Provincial Rebate and is intended to make electricity bills more transparent. The OER is an on-bill rebate for households; small businesses; and qualifying multi-unit complexes, farms and long-term care homes that reduces the pre-HST costs on eligible customers’ bills by 17.0% (current rate as of November 1, 2021).
Eligibility requirements for the OER
Note: You do not have to complete the Ontario Electricity Rebate Eligibility Form if the account type listed on your bill is “Residential” or “Gen Service < 50 KW”, or if you consume less than 250,000 kWh per year. In those circumstances, you will be automatically transitioned to the OER and will receive the OER for as long as you remain eligible.
Expanded Eligibility as of July 1, 2022
The Ontario government is expanding OER eligibility for some residential and other low volume customers.
Effective July 1, 2022, the following types of customer accounts will become eligible for OER:
- Common areas in individually metered multi-unit complexes that contain at least 50 per cent residential units, such as condominiums,
- Residential mobile home parks, and
- Retirement residences that are not long-term care homes, but do not meet eligibility criteria as a residential multi-unit complex.
All customers that are eligible to receive the OER as a result of the newly expanded OER eligibility rules will be required to submit an OER Eligibility Form to GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power) informing us of their eligibility under the expanded rules. Newly eligible customers should submit a completed form to GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power) in advance of July 1, 2022 to begin receiving the rebate for consumption as of July 1, 2022.
How to apply for the OER
In order to receive the OER, you need to complete the the Ontario Electricity Rebate Eligibility Form and send it to GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power).
The form must be signed by an authorized representative. You can submit the complete the Ontario Electricity Rebate Eligibility Form to GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power) using one of the following methods:
- Delivered by Canada Post to: GrandBridge Energy Inc., Box 308 Brantford, ON N3T 5N8
- Delivered by Courier to: GrandBridge Energy Inc., 150 Savannah Oaks Drive, Brantford, ON N3V 1E7
- A signed copy can be emailed to [email protected]
If you have any questions about the Ontario Electricity Rebate or the eligibility form, please contact GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power) using one of the following methods:
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Phone: 519-751-3522 (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays)