Sign Up for Service
If you are not currently a business customer of GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power) and would like to start service, you can use these forms to sign up. Upon receiving the forms by email, fax or mail, one of our Customer Service Representatives will be in contact with you shortly to confirm your account details.
Application For Service
To sign up for service download the following forms then email, fax, mail or return in person to:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (519) 751-3522
Fax: (519) 756-6041
Mail: GrandBridge Energy Inc .Box 308 Brantford, ON N3T 5N8
Business Account Application Form
Register for pre-authorized payments
General Service, Industrial and Commercial Electrical Specifications – Updated August 2020
If you’re a new General Service customer, you’ll be required to pay a security deposit when you activate your account.
The deposit will be equal to an average billing at the address being serviced times the billing factor of 2.5, as estimated by GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power). Where relevant usage information is not available for the customer for 12 consecutive months within the past two years, the customer’s average monthly load will be based on a reasonable estimate by GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power).
If the Customer has a payment history which discloses more than one disconnection notice in a relevant 12 month period, GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power) may use that customer’s highest actual or estimated monthly load for the most recent 12 consecutive months within the past 2 years.
If the Customer is enrolled in the Automatic Pre-Authorized Payment Plan, the required deposit will be equal to an average billing times a billing factor of 2.0.
Security deposits can be paid by cash, cheque or an automatically renewing, irrevocable Letter of Credit from a bank.
For new services where no usage history is available, an estimated usage and/or projected demand will be used to determine the deposit amount.
A Satisfactory Payment Record for General Service Customers is defined as:
- No more than (1) NSF cheque has been received from the customer, or
- No more than one (1) Pre-Authorized Payment has been returned NSF, or
- No more than one (1) disconnect/collect trip has occurred, or
- No more than one (1) disconnection notice has been issued to a customer in the General Service <50 kW demand rate class over the last five 5 years continuous service or customers in a General Service >50 kW demand rate class over 7 years.
The time period that makes up the good payment history must be the most recent period of time and some of the time period must have occurred in the previous twenty-four (24) months.
The deposit is not necessary if:
- A satisfactory payment record exists for General Service accounts at GrandBridge Energy (formerly Brantford Power)
- Proof of a satisfactory payment record for General Service accounts as defined above with another Distributor or gas Distributor;
- A credit check satisfactory to the utility. The cost of such a credit check shall be billed to the customer using a fee approved by the Ontario Energy Board.
Where a General Service Customer in any rate class other than a <50 kW demand rate class has a credit rating from a recognized credit rating agency, the maximum amount of a security deposit which the Distributor may require the non-Residential Customer to pay shall be reduced in accordance with the following table. The cost of such a credit check, as revised from time to time, shall be billed to the Customer.
|Credit Rating||Allowable Reductions in Security Deposits|
|AAA- and above or||100%|
|AA-/AA/AA+ or equivalent||95%|
|A-/From A/A+ to below AA or equivalent||85%|
|BBB-/from BBB/BBB+ to below A or equivalent||75%|
|Below BBB- or equivalent||0%|
Deposits will be returned upon:
- a customer switching to retailer-consolidated billing;
- 5 years of good payment history for a General Service customer in a <50 KW demand rate class;
- 7 years of good payment history of a General Service customer in any other rate class;
- termination of services.
We pay interest on the deposit, which is calculated monthly. The interest paid will be the Prime Business Rate as published on the Bank of Canada Website less 2 percent updated quarterly.
Payment of the deposit may be made in equal instalments over a 4-month period.