To report an outage, call:
(519) 751-3522 (weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
(519) 752-0422 (nights, weekends and holidays)
At GrandBridge Energy, delivering safe, clean and reliable power, is important to us. Sometimes however unscheduled power outages happen due to extreme weather or unforeseen equipment failure. Here are some things you can do to prepare for a power outage.
You have the power to lessen the impact of an outage by being prepared. Here is a great resource from Emergency Preparedness Canada.
Preparing for an Outage
- Know the location of your fuse box or circuit breaker and be knowledgeable on how to reset the circuit or change a fuse.
- Keep an emergency kit with flashlights and batteries, battery-operated radio, candles, candle holder and matches, bottled water and blankets.
- Use a surge protector to protect electronic items like computers, TVs, DVD players and stereo equipment.
- If you have an automatic garage door, be sure you can open it by hand.
During an Outage
- Leave one light switch on to know when the power has been restored.
- Turn off the water to the clothes washer, water heater and dishwasher.
- If using candles, keep them away from curtains and other flammable items. Try battery-operated candles – they are much safer.
- Do not open the refrigerator or freezer while the power is off.
Our crews work on essential rebuild and maintenance projects in the communities we serve. Brief outages are required in order to work safely. Customers will be notified in advance of all planned outages. More on planned outages during upgrade projects.