Proper windows, insulation and weatherstripping will help keep the heat and cool air in reducing your energy costs by up to 10%.
Caulk your windows and doors to prevent air leaks. Replacing old windows with energy-efficient ones is a significant step toward conservation.
Insulation and Weather Stripping
To improve insulation:
- Insulate floors, walls, crawlspaces, basements, attics and duct work
- Use insulated exterior doors not hollow ones
- Caulk to seal gaps and holes between door frames and walls, around non-opening windows, and around electrical outlets, water pipes and vents
- Use weatherstripping to seal door openings and windows
- Seal and insulate your duct work